People tend to ask common questions about nannies, especially if they wish to hire full-time childcare professionals. Some of the questions are:
- Will nanny clean the house?
- Will nanny cook and do laundry?
- Is the only aspect of having a nanny caring for children?
These questions are common because people do not know what to expect and cannot even define the roles that nannies have in the first place. That is the main reason why you should understand the typical duties that nannies can perform, as well as which ones are considered as extra work.
It is vital to understand, especially before hiring everything you should expect from a childcare professional or nanny. It is important to understand everything about hiring nanny, which is why you should check here for more information.
It would be best if you decided what types of duties are proper for your family’s requirements, as well as which duties your nanny is comfortable with for the compensation.
Finally, you should know how to compensate correctly for additional work before you decide anyone. These factors will help you find the perfect candidate that will help your child stay safe and develop appropriately while you are away.
We decided to present you the standard housekeeping and childcare duties that you can expect from your nanny, and which ones are considered as additional and require extra fee.
Common Nanny Childcare Duties
It would be best if you remembered that nannies would have to handle particular childcare duties. At the same time, these duties will always come first for most of them, and you should implement them within the contract before you hire anyone.
We are talking about these duties:
- Bathing the children
- Caring for infants by giving bottles and changing diapers
- Teaching and helping your children with brushing and flossing teeth
- Helping your young ones dress properly
- Teaching your young one to write and read
- Teaching them particular skills such as riding a bike or tying shoelaces
- Potty training
- Helping infants learn the language
- Playing educational and exciting games
- Taking them to museums, parks, aquariums, and zoo
- Teaching manners
- Doing crafts and arts that will help your loved ones acquire new hobbies and interests
- Taking them to activities such as dance class, soccer, and school activities
- Caring for children when they are sick such as giving them medicines
- Helping them with homework
- Handling and organizing play dates
Common Housekeeping Duties
It would be best if you kept in mind that apart from the activities and duties that we have mentioned above, nannies have to handle specific housekeeping tasks as well. In most common cases, they can handle chores that involve children’s care, among other things.
We are talking about these housekeeping assignments:
- Cleaning bottles
- Cleaning and organizing the children’s rooms and closets
- Emptying diaper genies and pails
- Taking the trash out from children’s rooms
- Making their beds and cleaning their rooms
- Cleaning playroom including vacuuming, organizing, and dusting
- Cleaning and organizing their laundry and toys
- Picking up toys, clothes, and books from other parts of your household
- Cleaning the kitchen after meals with kids and washing dishes
- Cleaning the bathroom after bathing your child
- Cooking and preparing their meals
- Cleaning up the messes after crafts and arts activities
- Packing them when they go to trips
- Preparing school snacks or lunches to consume during outings, trips, and other activities
- Making sure that children are completing their chores as they grow older
- Cleaning up after friend’s visitation
- Preparing snacks and meals for friends when they visit
As soon as you enter this site: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/21-steps-to-hire-the-best_b_3447088 you will learn about fundamentals steps you should take when hiring a nanny.
When it comes to additional duties, you should know that they are not a requirement as the ones we have mentioned above. That is the main reason why you should talk about potential compensation and extra fee in case you want the nanny to handle the following tasks:
- Doing laundry for everyone
- Making household beds after you leave for work
- Handling family’s errands
- Cooking and preparing meals for the entire family
- Buying clothes and supplies for your family
- Cleaning the bathroom weekly
- Pet or house sitting
- Mopping and sweeping floors
- Caring for a sick family member
- Cleaning up after guests
Keep in mind that nannies tend to be helpful by nature, but you should not take advantage of them along the way. The nanny will require proper compensation for additional duties that we have listed above, especially since her/his focus should be on the wellbeing of children.
It is vital to understand everything you should expect from a full-time nanny in Buckhead, GA before you make up your mind.
You should be direct and talk with your potential nanny about duties that she/he can follow so that you can prevent the problems that come with misunderstandings and expectations in the future.